I really want to share with you my latest inspirations! As someone who is constantly researching and keeping up to date with current trends, I often find myself visually creating the perfect room. Take a look at my latest inspiration, loved items and furniture pieces.
Maybe it's the fact that we had a dose of warm weather or that spring really is on the horizon.. But this look of what I like to call French Country Glam has all the spring vibes. Classic furniture pieces, an understated washed out rug, hints of gold and navy, stripes and a fabulous lighting fixture.. I cannot get enough! I wanted to tie in my signature love of mixing textures and patterns to create more of a country cottage feel with french blues mixed with metallics. As I have said before, layering colors and textures really does create a very unique and inviting space. Take a look and let me know what you think!
Shop the this look!
1. Sofa - A slight tweak of the classic Chesterfield sofa. I love this for the tufting and dainty pedestal legs.
Colette Parchment Sofa - Pier1.com
2. Light Fixture - A slightly distressed candle style chandelier. A perfect shabby chic statement piece.
Bullrush 6 Light Candle-Style Chandelier by Lark Manor - Wayfair.com
3. Area Rug - I envisioned a washed out rug that would tie in the french themed navy blue accent color here. It's understated and pulls the colors all together.
Antique Blue Area Rug by The Conestoga Trading Company - Wayfair.com
4. Accent Chair - I love to mix prints and textures and really think it adds personality to a room. One of the best ways to do this is with an accent chair. They often become a conversational piece and I really like how chic this chair looks with stripes.
Mortimer Wood Trim Arm Chair by Hokku Designs - Wayfair.com
5. End Table - I used this end table which pops a bit of color to break up the neutral color palette and also boasts a distressed finished. It's the perfect petite end table for accessories.
Norwich End Table by Beachcrest Home - Wayfair.com
6. Coffee Table - This table is literally so beautiful! It's an elegant and classic piece that adds a touch of character. The mother of pearl table top has an intricately cut leaf design and really conveys my "glam" aspect of this room.
Bianca Coffee Table - Pier1.com
7. Pillows - Another great way to add a layer of color and texture is to use pillows. Here I mixed pillows with flocking, beading and metallic weaving.
Baroque Paisley Navy Pillow I Calliope Graphite Jute Trim Pillow I Metallic Beads Lumbar Pillow I Romantic Glam Beaded Scallop Pillow - Pier1.com
8. Accessories - By adding accessories, tying in the accents and colors makes it easy. I featured a timeless navy table lamp, distressed mirror gold candle holders, a rustic tray of candles and a faux flower arrangement in a vintage window box. All of these decor elements give a country feel with a touch of sophisticated glam.
Primavera Navy Blue Lamp I Gold Mirrored Pillar Candle Holders I Rustic Centerpiece Candle Holder I Faux Dahlia & Ranunculus Arrangment - Pier1.com